Copyright and Intellectual Property Policy
Yahoo respects intellectual property laws and has adopted the following policy toward intellectual property infringement on its Services.
Reporting Instances of Intellectual Property Violations
If you believe that work residing or accessible on or through Yahoo’s Services infringes a copyright, please send a notice of copyright infringement to Yahoo's Agent for Notice with the following information (your “Notice”).
1. Identification of the work or material that you claim has been infringed. If this material exists online, please provide a URL.
2. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, including its location on the Yahoo site, with sufficient detail so that Yahoo is capable of finding the material and verifying its existence (e.g., in most circumstances, we will need a URL).
3. Contact information, including you name, address, telephone number, and email address.
4. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or law.
5. A statement by you that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
6. A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
You may also submit a notice in accordance with the DMCA via our online form:
In some circumstances, Yahoo may forward a copy of a Notice including name and email address to the subscriber or account holder in order to notify that person, or may forward a copy of a Notice (with personally identifiable information removed) to the Chilling Effects website (http://www.chillingeffects.org) for publication. Yahoo will terminate, under appropriate circumstances, the accounts of users who are repeat copyright infringers, and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any user for actual or apparent infringement of intellectual property rights.
c/o Yahoo Holdings, Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
Fax: (408) 349-7821
Please note that, due to security concerns, attachments sent via email cannot be accepted. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.