Yahoo Sports Big March Promotion
THE FOLLOWING PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY (COLLECTIVELY, THE "ELIGIBILITY AREA"). THE PROMOTION SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN, AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF, THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
FURTHER, TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF LEGAL RESIDENCE (19 IN AL AND NE, AND 18 IN ALL OTHER STATES), WHICHEVER IS GREATER). REFER TO RULE 2 BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
YOUR ENTRY INTO ANY ASPECT OF THIS PROMOTION CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- About the Promotion: The Yahoo Sports Big March Promotion (the "Promotion") is a series of free college basketball tournament “pick’em” game groups (each, a “Group”) in which various prizes are available for players to win. The Promotion is conducted as an “overlay game” using the tournament brackets players may create in connection with Yahoo’s separate, free “Yahoo Sports Tourney Pick’Em 2018” game (the "Basic Game"). In the Basic Game, users are invited to create up to ten free tournament brackets (each, a “Basic Game Bracket”) in which they select the winners of the 63 games (excluding the four "play-in games") comprising the 2018 NCAA Division I Men’s College Basketball Tournament (collectively, the "2018 Tournament"). While there are no prizes offered in connection with the Basic Game, users who fully comply with all eligibility and other requirements of these Official Rules may also choose to participate in this Promotion for a chance to win prizes. There are two types of Groups in this Promotion:
(a) Draymond Green’s Best Bracket Group: In “Draymond Green’s Best Bracket Group”, the eligible participant whose Entry Bracket as defined below (among those Entry Brackets submitted by all eligible participants who have opted into participating in Draymond Green’s Best Bracket Group) attains the highest score in Draymond Green’s Best Bracket Group (using a formula described below) will win twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) (the “Best Bracket Prize”), subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules. Refer to Rule 3 below for more information about Entry Brackets.
(b) Celebrity Groups: Starting approximately one week prior to the start of the 2018 Tournament, the Promotion will also offer a series of other Groups in which eligible participants may choose to submit an Entry Bracket for competition against a celebrity participant (each, a “Celebrity Group”; the celebrities are each referred to as a “Celebrity Participant”). For each Celebrity Group, the eligible participant whose Entry Bracket (among those Entry Brackets submitted by all eligible participants who have opted into participating in that Celebrity Group) attains the highest score in that Celebrity Group (using a formula described below) will win the Prize associated with that Celebrity Group, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules. Refer to Rule 3 below for more information about Entry Brackets; refer to Rule 5b for more information on Prizes in Celebrity Groups.
In addition to these Official Rules, additional rules and guidelines regarding game play and scoring (which are fully incorporated into these Official Rules by reference) are located at https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the "Basic Game Instructions"). In the event of a conflict between these Official Rules and the Basic Game Instructions, these Official Rules will control.
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the Eligibility Area who are 18 years or older (or the age of majority in the player’s state of legal residence (19 in AL and NE, and 18 in all other states), whichever is greater) as of the time of entry. You must have a free Yahoo ID in order to be eligible to participate. Refer to the tournament website, located at tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com (the “Website”) for any additional system requirements. The Promotion is void in overseas U.S. territories, possessions, military installations, and commonwealths, and where otherwise prohibited by law. Employees, agents, successors, and assignees of Oath Inc. (“Yahoo” or "Sponsor"), and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, underwriters, and promotional companies, the Celebrity Participants, any other participating prize sponsor, and any entity involved with or otherwise providing services or prizes related to this Promotion, (all of the foregoing, together with Sponsor, collectively referred to as "Promotion Entities"), and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to win.
- How To Enter:
a. Registration: Registration for the Basic Game and this Promotion, other than the Celebrity Pools, opens on February 8, 2018. At that time, you may begin creating your Basic Game Brackets if you wish, but you will not be able to populate your Basic Game Brackets with your picks for the 2018 Tournament (your “Picks”) and submit your entries until after the tournament seedings have been announced on Sunday, March 11, 2018 at approximately 6:00 PM ET (the “Seeding Announcement”). The period between the Seeding Announcement and the “Entry Deadline” (defined in Rule 3c below) is referred to in these Official Rules as the "Entry Period."
Registration is available either via the Website, or via the free Yahoo Fantasy mobile application (the “Mobile App”). The Mobile App may be downloaded from https://mobile.yahoo.com/fantasy. A mobile device that is capable of running the Mobile App is referred to in these rules as a “Qualifying Mobile Device.” To register for the Basic Game and this Promotion, visit the Website on your desktop/laptop computer, or web-enabled mobile device, or open the Mobile App on your Qualifying Mobile Device. Look for the links to the Promotion on the Website or within the Mobile App (the portion of the Mobile App devoted to this Promotion is referred to in these Official Rules as the “In-App Site”; the Website and In-App Site are collectively referred to in these Official Rules as the “Promotion Microsites”). Click “Create Bracket”. If you are not an existing Yahoo ID account holder, follow the instructions to register for a free Yahoo ID. Note: If entering on a Qualifying Mobile Device, wireless-service provider’s text and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
b. Creating Entries: You may create up to ten (10) Basic Game Brackets in the Basic Game. You may designate ONE (1) of your Basic Game Brackets as your entry (an “Entry Bracket”) in any Group in which you choose to participate (i.e. one Basic Game Bracket as your Entry Bracket in the Best Bracket Prize Group, and one Basic Game Bracket as your Entry Bracket for each Celebrity Group in which you choose to participate). In order to designate a particular Basic Game Bracket as your Entry Bracket for a particular Group, make sure to check the box on Promotion Microsite page associated with that Group (each, a “Group Page”) indicating that the current bracket should be used as your Entry Bracket for that Group (the “Entry Checkbox”). You are welcome to use the same, or different Basic Game Brackets, for each Group in which you choose to participate. You may edit your Picks in any of the Basic Game Bracket(s) that you have designated as your Entry Bracket(s) at any time up until the close of the Entry Period, but Basic Game Brackets cannot be deleted from your account once they are created. Similarly, you may select a different Basic Game Bracket to serve as your Entry Bracket in any Group in which you are participating by clicking “leave group” on the relevant Group Page. This will remove your prior Entry Bracket from that Group. Next, click again on “join group” on the Group Page, and select the alternate Basic Game Bracket that you would like to serve as your Entry Bracket for that Group. All such selections must be finalized by the close of the Entry Period, after which no further changes will be allowed.
TO OPT OUT OF THE PROMOTION: If you do NOT wish to participate in any of the Groups associated with the Promotion, while creating or reviewing your Basic Game Bracket(s) as described above, be sure that ALL Entry Boxes for your Basic Game Brackets are unchecked. You will still be allowed to create Basic Game Brackets for the Basic Game, but none of them will be eligible for any of the Prizes offered in connection with the Promotion.
c. Filling Out Your Brackets: The team seedings for the 2018 Tournament will be populated within the Promotion Microsites shortly after the Seeding Announcement. At that time, if you are fully registered for the Basic Game and the Promotion, and have created your Entry Bracket(s), you must return to one of the Promotion Microsites to populate your Entry Bracket(s) with your Picks and submit your Entry Brackets into the Promotion as described in Rule 3(b) above. Note that the "play-in" games, scheduled for March 13 and March 14, 2018, are not included in the brackets, and do not count towards a player’s scores in either the Basic Game or this Promotion.
You have until sometime prior to the published tip-off time of the first 2018 Tournament game on March 15, 2018 (the “Entry Deadline”) to create your Entry Bracket(s), complete your Picks, make revisions to your Entry Bracket(s), and/or to designate different Basic Game Brackets as your Entry Bracket(s) for this Promotion. The exact Entry Deadline will be posted on the Promotion Microsites when determined by the Sponsor.
For each Basic Game Bracket you complete, you will also be asked to guess what the final score will be for each team participating in the championship game of the 2018 Tournament (the "Championship Game"). Your guess for the winning team’s score is referred to as your “Winning Team Score”; your guess for the losing team’s score is referred to as your “Losing Team Score.” Your Winning Team Score and Losing Team Score are collectively referred to as your “Tiebreaker Answers”. The Tiebreaker Answers are optional, but will be used in the event there is a tie between two or more players for any Prize offered in connection with this Promotion; refer to Rule 6 below for more information. All registration information, final Entry Bracket selections, and Picks must be received by the close of the Entry Period. A user who has submitted the foregoing materials in keeping with the deadlines described in these Official Rules, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as an "Entrant".
In the event that one or more teams participating in the 2018 Tournament change(s) for any reason after the initial Tournament seedings have been posted on the Promotion Microsites, the Sponsor will update the Promotion Microsites to reflect the changed team(s), and will make a reasonable attempt to notify participants of the changed bracket(s) by posting a notice of the change(s) on the Promotion Microsites. At that point, it is the Entrant’s responsibility, prior to the Entry Deadline, to return to the Website or In-App Site to modify his/her Entry Bracket(s) with new Picks for any game(s) affected by the changed teams. Yahoo will not automatically update any player’s Picks in order to reflect the change in teams, so unless the user takes action to correct his/her Picks, any previously selected Picks affected by a change in teams may be deemed incorrect.
For purposes of these Official Rules, "receipt" of an entry occurs when Yahoo's servers record your registration information and designated, completed Entry Bracket(s) as described above. As described above, you may modify your Entry Bracket(s), or designate different Basic Game Bracket(s) as your Entry Bracket(s), until the close of the Entry Period, at which point your selections become final. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the holder of the Yahoo ID associated with a particular entry, the dispute will be resolved in favor of the individual who is the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID and password associated with the account (based upon information submitted at the time the account was created or updated upon registration for this Promotion), and, if available, the "authorized email account holder" of the "alternate email address" provided when the Yahoo ID was created. "Authorized email account holder" is defined as the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (i.e., business, educational institution) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If there is a discrepancy between the name of the person listed as the authorized holder of the Yahoo ID, and the authorized email account holder of the alternate email address provided when the Yahoo ID was created, that Yahoo ID will be disqualified and any potential prize will be forfeited. A potential Prize winner may be required to provide Promotion Entities with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder for each of the credentials described above.
LIMIT ONE ENTRY BRACKET PER PERSON AND PER YAHOO ID IN EACH GROUP ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION. All of an Entrant’s Entry Brackets must be played under the same Yahoo ID. Any attempt by any Entrant to submit or play more than the maximum permitted number of Entry Brackets (e.g. by creating or submitting additional entries from multiple Yahoo IDs) will void any of that Entrant’s entries and disqualify him/her from the Promotion. The submission of an entry is solely the responsibility of the Entrant. Entries may only be made according to the method described above. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming delivery of email, "thanks for entering" message, or post office receipt) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Yahoo of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules. Automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any bot, script, macro, or promotion submission service), copies, third party entries, facsimiles and/or mechanical reproductions are not permitted and may be disqualified. Only eligible entries actually received by Promotion Entities before the end of the specified Entry Period will be considered for a Prize in this Promotion. Unintelligible, incomplete or garbled entries may be disqualified. All entries become the property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned.
- Conduct: By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. The Official Rules will be posted at the Promotion Microsites throughout the Promotion. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Entrants further agree to comply with and be bound by the decisions of the Promotion Entities, which will be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, the Basic Game, any Yahoo website, or the 2018 Tournament; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Yahoo property or service; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE BASIC GAME OR THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Prizes: Sixty-three games are scheduled to be played in the 2018 Tournament (the "play-in" games which determine the sixty-fourth seed are not counted for purposes of either the Basic Game or this Promotion). The result of any game in the 2018 Tournament shall be deemed final based on the results certified by the NCAA prior to the commencement of the immediate next game in the Tournament, unless the NCAA undertakes review of the results of said game, in which case the NCAA’s final decision shall be determinative.
Two (2) categories of prizes are available following the conclusion of the 2018 Tournament (collectively, the "Prizes"), and will be awarded as follows:
a. Draymond Green’s Best Bracket Prize: The verified Entrant whose single, validly submitted Entry Bracket that:
(i) was designated by the Entrant for participation in the Best Bracket Entry Group; and
(ii) receives the highest score (using Yahoo's Default Scoring formula; see https://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/26/scoringdetails; referred to in these Rules as the “Default Scoring Formula”) among all valid Entry Brackets properly submitted for participation in the Best Bracket Prize Group; will win twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000), payable in a lump sum by check (the “Best Bracket Prize”).
b. Celebrity Group Prizes: For each Celebrity Group, the verified Entrant who opts into participating in that Celebrity Group using the mechanism described above, and whose single, validly submitted Entry Bracket that:
(i) was designated by the Entrant for participation in that Celebrity Group; and
(ii) receives the highest score (using the Default Scoring Formula) among all valid Entry Brackets properly submitted for participation in that Celebrity Group; will win the prize associated with that Celebrity Group (each, a “Celebrity Group Prize”).
CELEBRITY PRIZE APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE Tamika Catchings Sponsor specific Bluetooth speakers $350 Brad Evans Sponsor specific Tickets (gift certificate) $500 Andy Behrens Ltd Editions Sneakers (gift certificate) $499 Scott Pianowski Sponsor specific Virtual Reality System $399 Dalton Del Don Sponsor specific gaming console $499 Stephen Bardo Sponsor Specific Bluetooth Wireless headphones $350
NOTE CONCERNING CELEBRITY PARTICIPANTS: The Celebrity Participants are each competing in the Promotion on an exhibition basis; should a Celebrity Participant receive the highest score in any Group associated with this Promotion, the Prize will be awarded to the verified Entrant with the next-highest score competing in that Group, using the criteria described above.
THERE IS A LIMIT OF ONE PRIZE PER WINNER IN THIS PROMOTION. As such, in situations when a single Entrant submits one or more Entry Bracket(s) that finish with the highest scores in two or more Groups, that winner will ONLY be awarded the Prize with the highest dollar value according to the Prize information described above. For example, if an Entrant scores the highest Entry Bracket in BOTH the Best Bracket Prize (a $25,000 value) and a Celebrity Group (none of which have a higher dollar value than the Best Bracket Prize), that player will ONLY win the Best Bracket Prize. The prize associated with the affected Celebrity Group will then be awarded to the Entrant who submitted the next-highest scoring Entry Bracket in connection with that Celebrity Group, according to the terms of these Official Rules.
The following applies to all Prizes: The approximate retail value of all Prizes awarded in this Promotion is dependent upon the value of all Celebrity Group Prizes that are ultimately included in this Promotion. Prizes may not be transferred or assigned except by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and may not be separated. Only listed Prizes will be awarded and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemptions will be made, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize package with another Prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Reporting and payment of all applicable taxes, fees, and/or surcharges, if any, arising out of, or resulting from, acceptance or use of a Prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that Prize. Sponsor expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery and/or subsequent use of the Prizes awarded. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations apply. For Prizes that include products or services from a third party provider (including, without limitation, SeatGeek.com), winner may be required to agree to additional terms & conditions imposed by the third party provider. Promotion Entities will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
- Ties: A “Tie” occurs when the validly submitted Entry Brackets of two or more verified eligible Entrants each receive the same score (using Yahoo’s Default scoring formula) among the Entry Brackets of all verified Entrants designated for participation in a particular Group (i.e. when two Entry Brackets earn the same top score when competing for the Best Bracket Prize, or when two Entry Brackets earn the same top score within a particular Celebrity Group). Should one of these scenarios occur, Sponsor will attempt to break the Tie by awarding the affected Prize, among those tied:
(a) to the Entrant whose Tiebreaker Answers (on his/her tied Entry Bracket), when combined, are closest to the actual total combined score of the Championship Game of the 2018 Tournament (i.e. the sum of the total number of points scored by the winning team plus the total number of points scored by the losing team);
(b) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Entrant (among those still tied) whose Winning Team Score on his/her tied Entry Bracket is closest to the actual score of the winning team in the Championship Game; and
(c) in the event that the tie is still not broken, to the Entrant (among those still tied) whose Losing Team Score on his/her tied Entry Bracket is closest to the actual score of the losing team in the Championship Game.
(d) In the event that the tie is still not completely broken after applying the tiebreakers above, the affected Prize will be divided evenly among all such still-tied, verified eligible Entrants.
Should one of two tied Entrants fail to submit Tiebreaker Answers in connection with his/her tied Entry Bracket, that Entrant will automatically be deemed to have forfeited the tiebreaker, and the Prize will be awarded to the other tied Entrant.
- Odds/Winner Notification: Odds of winning a Prize depend on the outcome of each of the 2018 Tournament games and the number of eligible entries received for inclusion in the relevant Group.
PLEASE NOTE THAT EVEN IF YOUR ENTRY BRACKET(S) IS/ARE LISTED AS A POTENTIAL WINNER AT THE CLOSE OF THIS PROMOTION, YOU HAVE NOT YET WON A PRIZE. EACH POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY PROMOTION ENTITIES, AND MUST MEET ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE AN ENTRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED AS A WINNER AND A PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
Potential winners will be notified within approximately 30 days after selection date via email, U.S. mail, telephone and/or by overnight courier. The Best Bracket Prize winner will be required to fully complete, sign, notarize and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release ("Affidavit/Release"), together with any additional information (such as social security number or resident alien identification number), that may be required by Promotion Entities. The information provided in potential winner's Affidavit/Release must be correct, complete, and mirror the information provided in winner's registration information, or potential winner will be disqualified. Except where prohibited by law, potential winner must return all such required documents within fourteen days following attempted notification or Prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a Prize or fails to return the properly completed and executed Affidavit/Release or any other documentation as required by Sponsor, or if the prize notification or Prize is returned as undeliverable, Prize will be forfeited. Should such a forfeiture occur, the Prize will be awarded to the verified Entrant who scored the next-highest score among all Entrants according to the formula described in Rules 5-6 above, subject to the terms, conditions and limitations of these Official Rules. No unclaimed Prizes will be awarded. The Best Bracket Prize Winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 which documents the value of the Prize for tax purposes. Any difference between actual value of a Prize and the approximated value of a Prize as stated in these Official Rules will not be awarded.
- General Conditions: This Promotion is subject to the laws of the United States, including all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By entering, participants: (a) release and hold harmless Promotion Entities, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any Prize, participation in this Promotion, or while traveling to, preparing for or participating in any Prize-related activity, and (b) except where prohibited, grant to Promotion Entities the right to use and publish their proper name and state online and in print, or any other media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations, in connection with the Promotion.
Except where prohibited by law, a winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Promotion Entities and their designees to use such winner's name, address (city and state only), statements, photograph, voice and/or likeness for any advertising and promotional purposes without further notice, compensation, consideration, review or consent in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitations.
- Limitations of Liability: Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, jumbled, garbled, or scrambled entries or communications, or for theft, destruction, or unauthorized access to, entries or communications. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Basic Game, the Promotion, or the 2018 Tournament, by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions, data entered by participants, or registration in the Basic Game or the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, effects of hackers, software, email, players, or browsers, whether on account of technical problems, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing, that may occur (including but not limited to any such problems which may result in the ability to access the Promotion Microsites or to process any transaction(s) in connection with the Promotion). Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Promotion. If, for any reason, the Basic Game, the Promotion, or any of their respective components are not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any kind, whether human, mechanical, or electronic, or any other causes beyond the control of Promotion Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Basic Game or this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Basic Game, this Promotion, or the affected component thereof, and, in its sole discretion, to award Prizes only within that portion of the entrant group not affected by the disruption, if any. In addition, should the 2018 Tournament be postponed, shortened, interrupted, modified, or cancelled for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to award Prizes at the time the 2018 Tournament is affected, or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Basic Game or the Promotion.
- Disputes/Governing Law: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROMOTION, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
(1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH BELOW, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION;
(2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES (OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND
(4) PARTICIPANT 'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY), AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT. All issues and questions regarding the rights and obligations of a participant in connection with this Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, County of Santa Clara. The parties waive rights to trial by jury in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Promotion. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of California, County of Santa Clara (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant, and if not, as determined by the arbitrator), and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Winners List: The names of the prize winners may be obtained following winner selection and confirmation by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to: The Yahoo Sports Big March Promotion Winners c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (Attn: KL), 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY, USA 11747. Requests must be received by May 31, 2018.
- Sponsor: Oath Inc., 701 First Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA, 94089.
Yahoo! and Yahoo Sports are trademarks of Oath Inc. All rights reserved.
NCAA, FINAL FOUR, SWEET SIXTEEN, and ELITE EIGHT are the trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association. Neither Yahoo nor this site is endorsed, sponsored, or affiliated with the National Collegiate Athletic Association or the March Madness Athletic Association.