This page describes Yahoo's privacy practices with respect to your location information.
Collection of Information
To provide you with more relevant experiences, Yahoo may collect your location, including:
- Pinpointed Physical Location
If you provide permission through your device, browser, or with Yahoo directly, Yahoo may obtain pinpointed physical location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity.
- Locations You Entered
- Yahoo may collect locations that you searched for in certain properties (such as Search and Maps).
- Locations added by you through the Location Settings page are also collected by Yahoo.
- You may be asked to provide a location such as postal code. Yahoo may use this information to provide a starting point for location-aware products and services.
- IP Address
Yahoo may use your IP address to derive information about where your device is generally located. Please refer to IP Address for more information.
- Partner Location Information
- Yahoo may work with select partners to obtain location information about some of our registered users. For more information see Appended and Matched Data.
- Yahoo may receive location data from third parties that you have linked your account with. You can view, manage, add, or removed Linked Accounts.
Use of Information
Yahoo may access, store, and use the location information described above to provide services such as: enhanced location based services, serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content. Yahoo may maintain a history of your locations. Refer to the "Managing Your Location Information" section below for more details on your control of this information.
Other uses of location information may include determining the appropriate language for presenting a website, conducting product analysis, and assisting in the detection of fraud and abuse.
Yahoo may classify your location as "Current" and/or "Favorite" locations. Visit our Location Help Page to learn more.
Sharing of Information
Managing Your Location Information
- You may be able to withdraw location collection permission on your device. Visit our Location Opt-Out help page to learn more.
- You can visit the Location Settings page to view, add, and delete your location information.
- To manage locations collected when you searched on some Yahoo properties, visit the Other Locations page.
- If available, you may be able to manage your location(s) within the apps themselves.