This page describes our privacy practices with respect to Yahoo Weather.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo Weather uses your location, in accordance with our Location Privacy practices, to serve local weather information, photos and other information to you.
- Mobile phone identifiers, model information, and operating systems may be collected for purposes of internal analytics, or to provide the service with the best possible experience.
- If you are a registered user and logged in, locations that you have “Saved” within Yahoo Weather will be associated with your Yahoo account.
- If you are a registered user and logged in, Yahoo may use some of your “Favorite Locations” from the Location Settings page to personalize your Yahoo Weather experience.
- Yahoo Weather may offer you the opportunity to log in using Facebook. Yahoo uses this sign-in information to identify the user and may associate that information to an existing Yahoo profile to allow a single-sign on experience. Once signed in, Yahoo may configure your weather cities based on the location of your social graph. Yahoo may store your Facebook information on our servers.
- We also offer a Suggestion form that allows you to send us comments and feedback regarding Yahoo Weather. This form asks for your name and email address but only your email address is required. Your email address may be used to contact you regarding the feedback that you have provided to us, but will not be used for any marketing purposes.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update and Delete Information
- You can access and manage your locations through the “Edit” link in the web-based version or the “Edit Locations” link in the mobile app version of Yahoo Weather.
- You can also visit the Location Settings page to view, add, and delete your location information.
- For some versions of Yahoo Weather, you may share a screenshot of the weather using Mail, Messages, Facebook or Twitter. The screenshot is retained in your device photo library.
- Please see Yahoo Weather Help if you have questions about this service.