You do not need to be registered with Yahoo in order to use Yahoo Travel to access travel-related information, to search for the lowest priced airfares, or to research other travel arrangements. However, in order to book a ticket or make a car or hotel reservation, you must register with Yahoo
Information Collection and Use Practices
- In addition to registration information, Yahoo asks for your name, home address, telephone number, work or school address and telephone number, and other information in order to fulfill your travel reservation.
- You also have the option to save certain preferences in your Yahoo Travel account such as your frequent flyer numbers and your travel preferences (such as seat preference and preferred departure city or airport). Personal information and preferences are automatically saved in your Yahoo Travel account when you book a ticket or make a car or hotel reservation.
- My Travel
- You can create a trip plan and adjust your privacy settings here to allow others to see, or not see, your trips.
- When signed into the Yahoo Network you may comment on user reviews. When you comment, your profile is linked to that content and your display name and profile photo are visible to other users.
- You must be a logged-in, registered Yahoo user to post a comment.
- Comments you post will be displayed publicly along with your Yahoo ID or chosen nickname and profile picture or avatar.
- You may also delete a comment you have posted by selecting the ‘delete’ option next to the comment you wish to remove.
- Your comments are visible to you on the “My Comments” tab next to the commenting streams.
- You must be a logged-in, registered Yahoo user to use the Email option.
- You must enter your friends email address(es).
- You have the option of entering a personal message that may include personally identifiable information.
- Your email address will be visible to the recipient.
- Yahoo does not use the names or email addresses from this service for any marketing purposes.
Your Friend's Activity
- Yahoo Activity allows you and your friends to automatically share activity on Yahoo, including games you play, videos you watch, articles you read, and more.
- When you opt-in to Yahoo Activity, you will see your friends’ shared activity on Yahoo Travel and other Yahoo sites.
- When you opt-in to Yahoo Activity and turn Social “On”, Yahoo will automatically share links to your Yahoo activity to your friends on Facebook and to your Facebook friends on Yahoo.
- You can turn off automatic sharing by clicking on the “Social” drop-down menu on Yahoo activity pages. You can also remove individual articles you’ve shared by clicking on the “Your Activity” drop-down menu from the pages where you see the Activity ‘bar’.
- Please read our FAQ to learn more or visit Yahoo Help if you have more questions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Travel is offered in connection with Yahoo's travel service providers. Yahoo and Yahoo's travel service providers collect and share information as necessary to fulfill your request for travel services.
- Yahoo's travel service providers may only use Yahoo Travel users' information for internal purposes and for travel services fulfillment, including sharing of certain information with the TSA Secure Flight Program but may send email messages to Yahoo Travel users under limited circumstances.
- When you reserve or purchase travel services through Yahoo Travel, our travel service providers will provide information about you to the airline, car rental agency, hotel, cruiseline, travel agency, or other involved third party to ensure the successful fulfillment of your travel arrangements.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- When you use Yahoo Travel, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Travel Help if you have questions about this service.
Prefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.