Yahoo Search Protection Version 2.0
Yahoo Search Protection will alert you if an attempt is made to change your default browser search engine from Yahoo
Yahoo Search Protection is provided as an additional service to Yahoo users through the installation process of the Yahoo Toolbar download.
Yahoo Search Protection only works with Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and 7.
- Yahoo Search Protection does not collect any personal information about you or your Internet usage.
- When a third party attempts to change Yahoo as your default search engine, Yahoo Search Protection will ask you to confirm the change and will prevent the change until you confirm it. Once you have chosen to block the change, Yahoo Search Protection will automatically block the third party’s later attempts to change Yahoo as your default search engine and will stop prompting you for this confirmation.
- If you wish to disable Yahoo Search Protection, you can modify your settings by opening Yahoo Search Protection from the Internet Explorer Browser -> Tools -> Manage Add-Ons > Enable or Disable Add-Ons, selecting and clicking on Yahoo Search Protection, clicking "disable" under settings and clicking "Ok".
- If you wish to turn off Yahoo Search Protection, you can do so by opening Yahoo Search protection from the Internet Explorer Browser -> Tools -> Yahoo Search Protection and selecting "Turn off Search Protection".
- Once Yahoo Search Protection is enabled, and in order to protect your selection of Yahoo as your default browser search engine setting, Yahoo Search Protection may override previous search protection settings in other applications.
- When enabled, Yahoo Search Protection logs changes you make to your default search settings as well as third party attempts to change your default search engine settings. This log does not contain personal information about you.Yahoo Search Protection notifies Yahoo when a third party attempts to change your default search engine settings, whether you accept the change, and, if you accepted the change, the search engine that you set as your new default. This information is not personally identifiable.
- If you choose to modify your default search engine from Yahoo to another engine, Yahoo Search Protection will automatically be disabled. Yahoo Search Protection will be re-enabled and protect your default search engine if you change your default search engine back to Yahoo. Yahoo Search Protection notifies Yahoo when you make a change to your browser’s default search settings and tells Yahoo the search engine you set as your default.
- Your default search must be Yahoo in order for Yahoo Search Protection to protect against changes to your default search engine. Enabling or turning on Yahoo Search Protection will set Yahoo as your default search engine.
- Yahoo Search Protection comes with an update feature that will notify you when an update becomes available. You can set this feature to automatically update Yahoo Search Protection. To enable or modify your settings for this feature, please open Yahoo Search Protection from the Internet Explorer Browser -> Tools -> Yahoo Search Protection and modify your selection in the Updates section.
- When you use the Yahoo Search Protection, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please read the Yahoo Search Protection Help if you have questions about this service.