This page describes our privacy practices with respect to Yahoo Search.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- When visitors conduct a search on a site that uses Yahoo Search Technology (YST), Yahoo collects information from that experience in the same manner as if the search were conducted on Yahoo directly.
- Search Assist helps you find what you are looking for. As you type, Search Assist automatically offers popular search terms and phrases in real time. After you've searched, it suggests additional search terms to try as well as new topics to consider. Search Assist bases suggestions on aggregated searches across all users and does not base suggestions on your individual search history.
- Some advertising you receive may be customized based on your searches or related terms at Yahoo. You can edit your Yahoo account information that may be used to select ads at any time.
- A variety of third party providers help power Yahoo search and sponsored search services.
- Yahoo may share your search query, IP address, and other anonymous information from your web browser (such as a unique identifier for your web browser) with our Search Partners.
- These third party providers may use this information, as well as your search results clicks, to provide more relevant advertising and search results, for search product improvement, research and analysis, and to help detect and defend against fraudulent activity on sponsored or contextual search results.
- Yahoo may reformat results provided by Search Partners to provide an enhanced search experience to you.
- To learn more about our Search Partner’s data collection and use practices, please visit our Third Parties page.
Sponsored Search Results
- Sponsored Results consist of sites that have paid for placement in the search results.
- Sponsored Results shown to you are most often related to the search term you entered.
- Sponsored Search Listings may be powered by our Search Partners.
- Sponsored Results may contain tracking URLs provided by Yahoo Search Marketing and/or our Search Partners to identify clicks from the search results page.
- When you use Yahoo Search, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Search Help if you have questions about this service.
Prefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.