This page describes our privacy practices with respect to Yahoo Search.
Information Collection & Use Practices
- When you conduct a search on a product or service that uses Yahoo’s search technology, we collect information from your experience, such as your search queries.
- Search Assist helps you find what you are looking for by automatically offering popular search terms and new topics to consider. Search Assist may base suggestions on aggregated searches across all users and your individual search history.
- The Yahoo Search History tool allows you to see what you've searched for in the past. Learn how to manage your Search History tool.
- When you use Yahoo Search, you may see relevant, private results selected from other sources, such as your Yahoo Mail. Only you can see your private search results when you’re signed in. Learn how to manage, including turning off, Private Results.
- Some advertising you receive may be customized based on your searches or related terms at Yahoo. Please visit our Opt-Out page to learn more about the information used to personalize your search experience. If you opt-out, you will continue to see ads Yahoo serves on these websites, but they won’t be customized to your interests or search history.
- Visit the Search Preferences page to manage your Yahoo Search experience, including Safe Search, Search History, and Private Results.
- Yahoo Search uses image recognition algorithms to identify public figures, scenes, actions, or objects to make it easier to search images
- A variety of third party providers help power Yahoo search and sponsored search services.
- We may share your search query, IP address, and other depersonalized information from your web browser or app, such as a unique identifier for your web browser, with these search partners.
- These third party providers may use this information, as well as your search results clicks, to provide more relevant advertising and search results for search product improvement, research and analysis, and to help detect and defend against fraudulent activity on sponsored or contextual search results.
- We may reformat results provided by these search partners to provide an enhanced search experience to you.
- To learn more about the data collection and use practices by these search partners, please visit our Third Parties page.
Sponsored Search Results
- Search results may consist of sites that have paid for placement in the search results. Learn more.
- Search results may contain tracking URLs provided by Yahoo Search Marketing and/or our Search Partners to identify clicks from the search results page.
- Please see Yahoo Search Help if you have questions about this service.
- Yahoo users who are European residents can request that certain URLs be blocked from search results in certain circumstances.