Rivals.com from Yahoo Sports
Rivals.com from Yahoo Sports provides users a forum to share their passion for college sports with others. You must be a logged-in, Yahoo user to use certain features on Rivals.com.
Information Collection & Use
- In order to register with Rivals.com from Yahoo Sports (Rivals.com) you will need to provide your name and email address at the time of registration.
- This information will be used to process your registration and communicate with you regarding your Rivals.com account.
- You may opt-out from receiving regular email announcements and other content from the Rivals.com network as well as special offers and special promotions from Rivals.com advertisers.
- To learn how to modify your Rivals.com premium email preferences, please review the ‘Your Ability to Update or Delete Information’ section below.
- You may also modify your email preferences by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of your marketing emails.
- Others may enter your email address to invite you to join the Rivals.com community, join a Rivals.com Pick ‘Em league, or view other content that they believe may be of interest to you.
- In this case, Rivals.com will only use your email address to send this invitation and Rivals.com will not use it for any other purpose.
- If you are a premium subscriber, you may choose to provide your mobile number to receive text message alerts related to a specific team that you have chosen.
- Rivals.com will only use the mobile number you provide to send you the text message alerts for which you have signed-up.
- Although text message alerts from Rivals.com are free with your paid annual membership, standard carrier charges may apply.
- You may choose to include additional information, including photos and videos, on your Rivals.com MyFanPage public profile.
- The first time you attempt to post a message on a Rivals.com message board, Rivals.com will verify the email address specified in your account information by sending an email that contains an activation link. You must click the activation link contained within the email in order to be able to post your first message on a Rivals.com message board.
- If you wish to post messages on different Rivals.com homesites (i.e. Texas A&M, Duke, Michigan), you must be a subscriber to each homesite on which you wish to post a message.
- If you choose to register for a Rivals.com subscription, you will need to provide your credit card and billing information at the time of registration.
- This information will be used by Rivals.com to process your subscription and charge your credit card pursuant to the plan that you have selected.
- This information will be stored in your Rivals.com account and you may view or update it at any time.
Information Sharing & Disclosure Practices
- All public content of Rivals.com is available to be indexed by search engines.
- Your Rivals.com nickname will automatically appear on your Rivals.com MyFanPage profile.
- If you choose to include additional information, including photos and/or videos, on your Rivals.com MyFanPage profile, the information that you provide may be displayed publicly.
- To learn how to edit or remove information, including photos and/or videos, from your Rivals.com MyFanPage profile, please see the ‘Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information’ section below.
- By default, all members of the Rivals.com community will have the ability to post comments on your MyFanPage profile and to any photos that you have uploaded.
- You may allow all Rivals.com users to leave comments; only users from your homesite to leave comments; only users who have added you as a buddy, or are your buddy to leave comments; or do not allow anyone to leave comments.
- To learn how to edit your Rivals.com MyFanPage privacy settings with respect to user comments, please see the ‘Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information’ section below.
- By default, all members of the Rivals.com community will have the ability to add you as their ‘buddy’ without requiring your explicit approval each time someone attempts to add you to their buddy list.
- If you do not change this default, your Rivals.com profile picture and link to your MyFanPage will automatically appear in the buddy list of any Rivals.com who adds you as a buddy without you receiving notification.
- If you choose to be notified seeking approval for each buddy request, you will have to visit the ‘Message Center’ on your Rivals.com MyFanPage homepage to view and take action on such requests.
- To learn how to edit your Rivals.com buddy request preferences and/or how to delete buddies, please see the ‘Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information’ section below.
- You may remove particular modules from displaying on your Rivals.com MyFanPage profile if you do not want them to be seen publicly.
- To learn how to edit your Rivals.com MyFanPage module layout, please see the ‘Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information’ section below.
- If you post a message on a Rivals.com message board, you have the ability to post a message which may include personally identifiable information about yourself on a message board.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- By default your Rivals.com nickname will be displayed along with a link to your Rivals.com Fan Page next to your post.
Rivals.com Pick ‘Em Leagues
- If you join a Rivals.com Pick ‘Em League, your Rivals.com nickname will automatically appear on that particular league’s roster of current membership.
- Rivals allows access to certain items of your personal information by its site publishers, message board moderators, and other contracted personnel, in order for them to perform various services for you on the site, including notifications and welcome messages to new subscribers, feedback requests, and/or other services.
- They do not have any independent right to share this information.
- They do not have access to credit card or other billing information.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- MyFanPage is available to premium subscribers and allows you to customize your profile, send and receive messages, add buddies, and more.
- MyFanPage is always public to your buddies and anyone who has your page link.
- If you wish to edit or remove the information contained in your Rivals.com MyFanPage public profile, please visit the Rivals.com Edit MyFanPage page.
- If you wish to add or remove photos from your Rivals.com MyFanPage public photo gallery, please visit the Rivals.com Manage Photos page.
- After you upload a ‘MyFanPage profile picture’, you can replace that photo by visiting the Rivals.com Manage Photos page; however, you will always have to have a photo associated with your profile.
- If you wish to add or remove videos from your Rivals.com MyFanPage public profile, please visit the Rivals.com Manage Videos page.
- If you wish to delete a buddy from your buddy list, please visit the Rivals.com Edit Buddies page and click the red ‘x’ next to the buddy whom you would like to delete.
- If you wish to modify your privacy preferences with respect to comments or buddy requests or if you wish to rearrange or remove modules from your Rivals.com MyFanPage, please visit the Rivals.com My Settings page.
- Message Boards is also a service available to premium subscribers.
- You can preview your message, as it will be displayed to public, prior to posting. This allows you to make any necessary changes before posting your message.
- Once posted, you may edit your messages but you may not delete them.
- While logged-in, you may edit your messages by either selecting the ‘edit’ link next to your message or by visiting ‘Message Board Options’ on the Rivals.com User Options page.
- If you wish to update the credit card and/or billing information associated with your Rivals.com subscription, please visit the Rivals.com Subscriber Options page.
- You may update the credit card/and or billing information, but you may not delete it entirely.
- When you use Rivals.com, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service and the Rivals.com Additional Terms of Service.