Promotions (such as contests, sweepstakes or giveaways) that are hosted on Yahoo may be sponsored by Yahoo, may be co-sponsored by Yahoo and another company, or may be sponsored by companies other than Yahoo. Yahoo may also sponsor or co-sponsor promotions hosted by third parties.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Some promotions may require you to provide your personal information -- such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address -- and consent to receive marketing communications as a condition of entering that promotion. Some of the information requested as part of the promotion may be optional. The information collected is in addition to any other eligibility requirements contained in the official rules of that particular promotion.
- Yahoo may pre-populate promotion registration information from your Yahoo account when you are signed in, but this registration information will not be communicated to any party until you chose to submit. Prior to submission, you may edit the registration form to alter any of the pre-populated information.
- We (or our representatives) may contact you in connection with a promotion you have entered in order to update you of your status, administer the promotion, or for other purposes specified in the promotion rules.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- You may be required to share personal information with the promotion sponsor and independent third-parties as a condition of your entry in the promotion. Please see the official rules of each promotion for details.
- If you decide to share information, there will be notice prior to the time of data collection or transfer. Notice may be provided on the entry form and/or in the promotion rules.
Practices Regarding Cookies
- When you participate in a promotion, you are subject to the Official Rules of that promotion, which may contain information about the privacy practices associated with that promotion.