- Premium services, such as Mail Plus, are available for a fee.
- When you sign up for premium services, you will be asked to enter your credit card information. Yahoo takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. We use industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt the transmission of your credit card and other information used when ordering premium services.
- To view, edit or cancel Yahoo premium services you have ordered, please visit Yahoo Premium Services Account Information. It includes information about services you currently subscribe to, payment scheduling and payment history.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo’s automated systems analyze all communications content (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising and for spam and malware detection and abuse protection. This analysis occurs on all communications content as it is sent, received, and when it is stored, including communications content from services synced with your Yahoo account. For certain use cases, Yahoo runs automated algorithms on commercial communications to create generic templates of such documents (e.g., using common language to identify the elements of an airline receipt). These templates do not include the recipient’s personal data. Yahoo template editors may review the templates to improve our services and our personalization of your experience.
- Please read our FAQ to learn more.
- This information may also be used for interest-based advertising. To learn more, you can visit Yahoo’s control tool for interest-based advertising.
- Yahoo may share keywords, package tracking and product identification numbers with third parties in order to enhance your user experience and provide targeted ads.
- Yahoo Mail may include interactive mail features from 3rd parties as well. Your personally identifiable information is not directly shared with the 3rd party without your consent.
- In some cases, we may analyze and collect information about photos and other content you upload to Yahoo Mail. For example, when it's included as part of your images, we may collect information describing your camera, camera settings, or EXIF information. This information allows us to improve our services and provide additional features and functionality.
Message Search and Access
- Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger now share a common search platform. You may now elect to archive Yahoo instant messages along with Yahoo Mail messages and search them together (including Voice Mail, SMS, and more).
- Messages stored on Yahoo servers in this manner are accessible from any computer system or device able to access Yahoo Mail or the latest versions of Yahoo Messenger.
- Yahoo may analyze instant messages you elect to archive in order to provide personally relevant product features, content, and advertising, and spam and malware detection.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers, as specified by standard Internet protocol.
- When users click on the Spam and Not Spam buttons, information is sent to Yahoo's anti-spam team or other spam compliance service providers for review, and aspects of these messages may be shared with the sender to reduce spam. See our spam FAQ for more information.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can modify your settings and preferences in your Yahoo Mail account by accessing “Account Information”.
- When you use Yahoo Mail, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Mail Help if you have questions about this service.