Yahoo Local allows you to find business, landmark, and event information in your area. Yahoo Local does not require you to be a Yahoo registered user to find information in your area; however you must be registered to write a review.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- When using Yahoo City Guides, Local, Maps, or Yellow Pages, Yahoo registered users may choose to save a list of favorite locations and associate a name, like "Home" or "Work," with each one. Please visit the Location Management Page to view the location history associated with the browser you are using, add, delete and label your locations, and update your default location. Please visit the Yahoo Location Privacy Topic Page to learn more about how Yahoo treats location information.
- My Local
- This feature allows the signed in user to store Business Listings by using the “Save” button on the Business Profile Page.
- Signed-in users may also view their recently searched and recently viewed businesses.
- This feature allows all users to view activities in their surrounding location. Location is determined by your current location settings. Please visit the Location Management Page to view your current location settings.
- You must be a Yahoo registered user to write a review in Yahoo Local.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Your review will include your Yahoo ID or an alias that you choose and will link to your profile. Use the pull-down menu to choose the alias you would like to post with. You may also create a new alias and profile.
- Currently it is not possible to edit your own review once it has been posted, however if you try to post a second review you will see your previous review which may then be resubmitted.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- Please visit the Location Management Page to view the location history associated with the browser you are using, add, delete and label your locations, and update your default location.