Yahoo Finance offers a wide variety of financial resources that anyone can access. To customize Yahoo Finance and to take advantage of certain offerings, you must be a registered Yahoo user.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Stock Portfolio
- In addition to registration, if you would like to track a stock portfolio you will need to create a portfolio and, at a minimum, include the stock or fund ticker symbols.
- You can view this portfolio within Yahoo Finance or from a number of other Yahoo products and services like My Yahoo and Yahoo Messenger. Your stock portfolio ticker symbols are used to present the information you specify.
- Yahoo Personal Finance
- ‘Rate it’
- Yahoo Personal Finance allows logged-in Yahoo users to rate content of the ‘calculators’, ‘experts’ and ‘how-to-guides’ sections of the site.
- No personal information is collected when you use the ‘rate it’ feature
- ‘Add a comment to your rating’
- Yahoo Personal Finance allows logged-in Yahoo users to add a comment to the ratings that they have posted in the ‘experts’ and ‘how-to-guides’ section of the site.
- You have the option of posting your comment anonymously or displaying an identifier associated with your Yahoo profile.
- You do not need to be logged-in to your Yahoo account to use the calculator tools on Yahoo Personal Finance.
- The calculator tools on Yahoo Personal Finance are provided by a third party. Data input in these tools will be processed by the third party. Fore more information, click here.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Finance has relationships with other partners where information may be collected either on our site and shared with the partner or on a partner's site that is linked from Yahoo Finance.
- If Yahoo shares any personal information about you with any Yahoo Finance partner, who has an independent right to use that information, you will be given notice and have the opportunity to deny the transfer of information.
- It is Yahoo's practice to share your personal information with certain service partners in order to respond to your comments or to resolve service issues. Unless we tell you otherwise, these partners have no independent right to use this information except to respond to your comment or resolve the service issue.
- Yahoo is not responsible for the privacy policies of sites that are linked to from Yahoo Finance or anywhere on Yahoo.
- If you use the 'add a comment to your rating' feature on Yahoo Personal Finance, information you post in your comments is publicly viewable.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update and Delete Information
- You can edit or delete your stock portfolio or customized settings by clicking on the “Customize” link within Yahoo Finance.
- If you use Yahoo Personal Finance, you may not edit or delete a comment or rating once you have posted it.
- ‘Rate it’