Yahoo Finance offers a wide variety of financial resources that anyone can access. To customize Yahoo Finance and to take advantage of certain offerings, you must be a registered Yahoo user.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Stock Portfolio
- In addition to registration, if you would like to track a stock portfolio you will need to create a portfolio and, at a minimum, include the stock or fund ticker symbols.
- You can view this portfolio within Yahoo Finance or from a number of other Yahoo products and services. Your stock portfolio ticker symbols are used to present the information you specify.
- You do not need to be logged-in to your Yahoo account to use the calculator tools on Yahoo Personal Finance.
- The calculator tools on Yahoo Personal Finance are provided by a third party.
- Linked Accounts In My Portfolio
- If you would like to conduct stock trades or see your trading data, you can link your brokerage accounts in My Portfolio. Yahoo does not save your brokerage login credentials. If you link your brokerage accounts or conduct trades, My Portfolio will collect and store the following type of information: brokerage name, account balances, and number of shares purchased and stock symbol. Yahoo will collect and store this information to show you your balance and holdings data, improve your product experience, reduce latency and send you breaking news or important alerts about your positions.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- My Portfolio may share:
- Information to process your transactions and maintain your account with your existing brokerage accounts whose accounts you have linked to My Portfolio,
- Information with Yahoo’s service providers, such as TradeIt and any other types of companies who provide services on Yahoo’s behalf;
- Information collected for our affiliates’ everyday business purposes.We will not share information regarding your creditworthiness.
- My Portfolio may share:
- Yahoo Finance has relationships with partners who provide tools that are linked from Yahoo Finance. When you use these tools, Yahoo’s partners may be collecting information from you directly.
- Yahoo Finance has other partners with whom it will share non-personal information collected from you, without restriction, such as when you use tools such as mortgage calculators.
- Yahoo Finance may also share personal information about you with a non-affiliated Yahoo Finance partner who has an independent right to use that information, but only if you have been given notice and the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- Yahoo is not responsible for the privacy policies of sites that are linked to from Yahoo Finance or anywhere on Yahoo.
- Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update and Delete Information
- You can edit or delete your stock portfolio or customized settings by clicking on the “Customize” link within Yahoo Finance.