Information Collection and Use Practices
Yahoo collects personal information when you install, register, and use Yahoo Aviate. Such information may be used to provide you with an enhanced personalized experience on Yahoo Aviate and across Yahoo products and services. Some examples of ways we use information to provide and improve your experience are:
- To provide you with more relevant experiences when using Yahoo products and services, including predicting whether you are likely to be at home or at work, we may collect and use a history of your locations.
- To make it easier for you to communicate with the right contact at the right time, we may collect data from your contacts list, communications, call logs, social networks.
- We might also personalize your experience based on other device information, such as alarm settings, connection to wi-fi networks, application installations/uninstallations and openings, battery levels, the pages or feature within the service that you requested.
- We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Aviate communication is currently managed separately from your Yahoo Marketing Preferences and Subscriptions, if you do not want to receive communication from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Delete Information
- Deletion and removal of your personally identifiable information is managed separately for Yahoo Aviate and other Yahoo products and services. You will need to both delete your Yahoo account and email email@example.com to remove your personally identifiable information from Yahoo systems. Upon such deletion and removal, we may still maintain some information not directly associated to you personally.
- Location information collected through the Yahoo Aviate app may not appear in the Location Management page.
Please see Yahoo Aviate Help Page if you have questions about this service.