Yahoo Answers allows you to:
- Ask a question
- Answer a question
- Vote on a question
- Post comments on other users' responses
To ask questions, answer questions, vote on questions, post comments, or view votes, you must be logged in with your Yahoo User ID. You are not required to be logged in to view questions, answers, and related comments. Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo Answers collects information about your activity in both anonymous and personally identifiable forms - including specific questions, answers, comments, and votes.
- We will use information about your activity on this service to improve Yahoo products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- All activities outside of viewing and voting (asking, answering, and commenting) are assigned a name. This name can be:
- Your Yahoo User ID;
- Your Yahoo 360 ID;
- or any nickname you desire.
- Your activities will be tied to the name you select.
- You may change this name at any time and the name linked to all previous activity will be changed as well.
- You can make your Yahoo Messenger ID public in your profile.
- By choosing to make your Yahoo Messenger ID public, all viewers of Yahoo Answers can link to your Yahoo Answers profile and there can see your Yahoo Messenger ID.
- All questions, answers, and comments created by you can be viewed by anyone visiting the Yahoo Answers site or visiting partner sites that include Yahoo Answers content.
- When enabling user-to-user emails in Yahoo Answers, your Yahoo User ID and email address are not shared.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can add details to or delete questions you've asked for as long as the question is open.
- Once the question is resolved, you cannot make changes or delete your content.
- You can edit and delete answers while the question being asked is open.
- Once the question is resolved, you cannot make changes or delete your answer.
- Questions, answers, comments, or nicknames can be removed at any time if they violate the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines.
- When you use Yahoo Answers, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Answers Help if you have questions about this service.