Personally Relevant Experiences
- Yahoo provides personally relevant product features, content, and advertising, and spam and malware detection by scanning and analysing Mail, Messenger, and other communications content. Some of these features and advertising will be based on our understanding of the content and meaning of your communications. For instance, we scan and analyse email messages to identify key elements of meaning and then categorise this information for immediate and future use.
- Yahoo Mail may include interactive mail features from 3rd parties as well. Your personally identifiable information is not directly shared with the 3rd party without your consent.
Message Search and Access
- Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger now share a common search platform. You may now elect to archive Yahoo instant messages along with Yahoo Mail messages and search them together (including Voice Mail, SMS, and more).
- Messages stored on Yahoo servers in this manner are accessible from any computer system or device able to access Yahoo Mail or the latest versions of Yahoo Messenger.
- Yahoo may scan and analyse instant messages you elect to archive in order to provide personally relevant product features, content, and advertising, and spam and malware detection.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers, as specified by standard Internet protocol.
- When users click on the Spam and Not Spam buttons, information is sent to Yahoo's anti-spam team or other spam compliance service providers for review, and aspects of these messages may be shared with the sender to reduce spam. See our spam FAQ for more information.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can modify your settings and preferences in your Yahoo Mail account by accessing "Help -> Options" or your “Account Information”.
- When you use Yahoo Mail, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Mail Help if you have questions about this service.
MANAGE INTEREST-BASED ADSTo help make your experiences with Yahoo more relevant, we employ interest-based ads. Manage your interest-based categories, or opt-out of all categories, on our opt-out tool.
Prefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.