Yahoo Groups Guidelines
Yahoo Groups helps you connect with groups of people who share your interests and passions. We depend on each member to help keep it a safe, fun, and positive place for everyone. Your use of Groups is subject to these Guidelines, and the Yahoo Terms of Service.
Here's how you can get the most out of Groups:
- Share what you know. Find the groups that are right for you. Chances are, someone can benefit from what you have to contribute.
- Be courteous. Everyone wants to be treated with respect, and showing respect to others makes the community better for all members.
- Stay on topic. Although all groups are different, most groups appreciate it when you stay on topic. If you constantly stray from the topic the group owner may remove your content—or you—from the group altogether.
- Moderate your content. Keep adult-oriented content only in age-restricted areas.
- Post your own content. Have the other group member's permissions before re-posting their content. This goes for you too, moderators.
- Have a good time. When people behave responsibly and respectfully the community thrives and everybody wins.
Here are some things Groups shouldn't be used for:
- Don't violate the law. Members of Yahoo communities are not above the law, so don't post anything that violates the laws of your country, state, province, or city. Don't try to trick people into sharing their personal information, post illegal images, or steal anything (like copyright or trademark material). Don't threaten, harass, impersonate, or hurt others, and don't invade other people's privacy. Don't post content, share software or collect fees in violation of export or import laws.
- Don't be unkind. Exploitative or degrading comments are not welcome in Groups. Also not welcome are belligerence, insults, slurs, profanity or ranting. If you wouldn't say it in public or with a group of friends, don't post it.
- Don't use Groups for personal storage. Groups is for sharing and discussing, not for archiving and backing up personal files.
- Don't use Groups as a business. Yahoo Groups is a community not a marketplace, so we encourage interactions not transactions. Non-Adult groups may charge a reasonable access fee for membership, discuss legitimate products or services and allow classified listings or exchange of legitimate products and services, where relevant to the group. But please note that Yahoo is not involved in or responsible for any commercial activity in Yahoo Groups.
- Do not spam your group. Off topic or disruptive commercial messages are unwelcome.
Yahoo Groups, in its sole discretion, may terminate or remove any content, Group or your Yahoo ID immediately and without notice if (a) Yahoo believes that you have acted inconsistently with the spirit or the letter of the Yahoo Terms of Service or the Yahoo Groups Guidelines, or (b) Yahoo believes you have violated or tried to violate the rights of others. Please help us keep Yahoo Groups an enjoyable and positive experience. If you see a Group or content that violates our rules, please let us know by contacting us.