Security at Yahoo
On this page, 'Yahoo' means Yahoo New Zealand, Yahoo and its affiliates.
Protecting our systems and our users' information is paramount to ensuring that Yahoo users enjoy a secure user experience and to maintaining our users' trust. We take the following measures to protect your information:
- Transport layer security ("TLS")
- We use TLS encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed in most browsers during TLS sessions.
- Second sign-in verification
- You may turn on a setting that requires a second piece of information, such as a code sent via SMS, in addition to your password when signing in to your account from a device or location that we don't recognise. Learn more about second sign-in verification.
- On-demand passwords
- Yahoo also offers on-demand passwords. By linking your mobile device to your account, you enable us to provide you with a password on demand via SMS so that you don't have to remember passwords any more. Learn more about on-demand passwords.
- Secure storage
- We deploy industry-standard physical, technical and procedural safeguards that comply with relevant regulations to protect your personal information.
- Vendors And Partners
- To protect the security and privacy of your information, we may provide information to partners and vendors who work on our behalf or with us under confidentiality agreements. These companies do not have any independent right to use or share this information without your consent.
- Access To Information
- We limit access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to process this information for us.
- Education And Training
- We have implemented a company-wide education and training programme about security that is required of every Yahoo employee.
Please note that no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We continue to evaluate and implement enhancements in security technology and practices.
Security takes teamwork
You also need to take your security seriously. Please visit our Safety center for tools and tips about ways to remain vigilant and steps you can take on your own to help protect your information and reduce the risks of unauthorised access.
How to report security incidents
Information about reporting security incidents is found in our Safety center.