Personally Relevant Experiences
- Yahoo’s automated systems analyse all communications content (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising and for spam and malware detection and abuse protection. This analysis occurs on all communications content as it is sent, received and when it is stored, including communications content from services synced with your Yahoo account.
- Yahoo Mail may include interactive mail features from 3rd parties as well. Your personally identifiable information is not directly shared with the 3rd party without your consent.
- In some cases, we might analyse and collect information about photos and other content that you upload to Yahoo Mail. For example, when it's included as part of your images, we might collect information describing your camera, camera settings or EXIF information. This information allows us to improve our services and provide additional features and functionality.
Message Search and Access
- Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger now share a common search platform. You may now elect to archive Yahoo instant messages along with Yahoo Mail messages and search them together (including Voice Mail, SMS, and more).
- Messages stored on Yahoo servers in this manner are accessible from any computer system or device able to access Yahoo Mail or the latest versions of Yahoo Messenger.
- Yahoo may analyse instant messages that you choose to archive in order to provide personally relevant product features, content and advertising, as well as spam and malware detection.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers, as specified by standard Internet protocol.
- When users click on the Spam and Not Spam buttons, information is sent to Yahoo's anti-spam team or other spam compliance service providers for review, and aspects of these messages may be shared with the sender to reduce spam. See our spam FAQ for more information.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can modify your settings and preferences in your Yahoo Mail account by accessing "Help -> Options" or your “Account Information”.
- When you use Yahoo Mail, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Mail Help if you have questions about this service.