Yahoo Search helps you find what you are looking for on the Web. You are not required to be a registered Yahoo user in order to search web sites using Yahoo Search.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo has integrated its search services with Microsoft.
- As part of this integration, Yahoo shares with Microsoft your search query, IP address, anonymous information from your web browser (such as a unique identifier for your web browser) and other anonymous data (such as demographics including gender and age in whole years).
- Microsoft uses this information, as well as your search results clicks, for search product improvement, research and analysis, to provide more relevant search results and search advertising, and to help detect and defend against fraudulent activity on sponsored search results.
- Yahoo formats results provided by Microsoft’s Bing search service to provide an enhanced search experience to you.
- When visitors conduct a search on a site that uses Yahoo Search Technology (YST), Yahoo collects information from that experience in the same manner as if the search were conducted on Yahoo directly.
- Search Assist helps you find what you are looking for. As you type, Search Assist automatically offers popular search terms and phrases in real time. After you’ve searched, it suggests additional search terms to try as well as new topics to consider. Search Assist bases suggestions on aggregated searches across all users and does not base suggestions on your individual search history.
- Some advertising you receive may be customised based on your searches at Yahoo.
- Yahoo Search uses image recognition algorithms to identify public figures, scenes, actions and objects to make it easier to search for images.
Sponsored Search Results
- Sponsored Results consist of sites that have paid for placement in the search results.
- Sponsored Results shown to you are most often related to the search term you entered.
- Sponsored Search Listings are powered and managed by Yahoo Search Marketing.
- Sponsored Results may contain tracking URLs provided by Yahoo Search Marketing to identify clicks from the search results page.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- Click here for information about removing your web site or web pages from the search engine.
- When you use Yahoo Search, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Search Help if you have questions about this service.