Information collection & use practices
- We collect information about you when you use Yahoo Messenger. We collect information from you directly, such as your phone number, email address, photo and, with your consent, device contacts. We also collect information from you automatically when you use Yahoo Messenger, such as your IP address, location, analytics on app usage, device ID and type, and mobile operator.
- We use the information collected to provide our products and services to you, communicate with you, and operate and improve our products. For example, we use your information to create an account for you and to enable you to search for, connect to and communicate with other Yahoo Messenger users (and vice versa).
- When using Yahoo Messenger, your communications content is stored on our servers and may be made searchable for you through our platforms.
- You can clear conversations and/or unsend communications content, however we may temporarily retain copies and logs for audit and record purposes.
- Please remember: users with whom you communicate may opt to save your conversations and photos even if you unsend them.
- Yahoo’s automated systems analyse all communications content (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising, and to ensure spam and malware detection and abuse protection. This analysis occurs on all communications content as it is sent and received as well as when it is stored, including communications content from services synced with your Yahoo account. For certain use cases, Yahoo runs automated algorithms on commercial communications to create generic templates of such documents (e.g. using common language to identify the elements of an airline receipt). These templates do not include the recipient’s personal data. Yahoo template editors may review the templates to improve our services and our personalisation of your experience.
Information sharing & disclosure practices
- When you communicate using Yahoo Messenger, we facilitate sharing communications with your friends.
- To make it easier for you to locate and communicate with other Yahoo Messenger users, we may, with your consent, synchronise data from your devices. We do this to help you get the most out of Yahoo’s services and enhance your online experience, for example, to help you manage your contacts individually or in groups, to de-duplicate contacts or to suggest contacts to message.
- Other users who have your phone number or email address stored as a contact on their device will be able to discover you on Yahoo Messenger and see your Messenger name and photo.
- You can invite your friends to join Yahoo Messenger and take part in 1-on-1 or group conversations. Invitations may include message content, including your name and photo.
- Some features available in the new Yahoo Messenger, such as the “like” and unsend features, may not function when communicating with friends using unsupported versions of Yahoo Messenger. Please review our interoperability and unsend help pages to learn more.
- Please see Yahoo Messenger Help pages if you have additional questions about this product.