Information Collection and Use Practices
Yahoo collects personal information when you install, register and use Yahoo Aviate. Such information may be used to provide you with an enhanced personalised experience on Yahoo Aviate and across Yahoo products and services. Some examples of ways in which we use your information to provide and improve your experience include:
- To provide you with more relevant experiences when using Yahoo products and services, including predicting whether you are likely to be at home or at work, we may collect and use a history of your locations.
- To make it easier for you to communicate with the right contact at the right time, we may collect data from your contacts list, communications, call logs and social networks.
- We might also personalise your experience based on other device information, such as alarm settings, connection to Wi-Fi networks, application installations/uninstallations and openings, battery levels, the pages or feature within the service that you requested.
- We may communicate with you if you have provided us the means to do so. For example, if you have given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the Services. Aviate communication is currently managed separately from your Yahoo Marketing Preferences and Subscriptions; if you do not want to receive communication from us, please indicate your preference by emailing us at email@example.com.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Delete Information
- Deletion and removal of your personally identifiable information is managed separately for Yahoo Aviate and other Yahoo products and services. You will need to both delete your Yahoo account and email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your personally identifiable information from Yahoo systems. Upon such deletion and removal, we may still maintain some information not directly associated with you personally.
- Location information collected through the Yahoo Aviate app may not appear on the Location Management page.
Please see the Yahoo Aviate Help Page if you have questions about this service.