Yahoo Sports allows you to access sports scores, news, and other sports-related information and resources. To access Yahoo Sports content you do not need to be a registered Yahoo user, but to take advantage of certain areas of Yahoo Sports, like Fantasy Sports, you DO need to register.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo Fantasy Sports offers free games that allow you to manage your own team in a variety of different leagues and tournaments (baseball, football, basketball, soccer, golf and more).
- You have the option of joining a private or public league, or creating a private league of your own.
- When registering for a league, you have the option of having your email address visible to others in the league and the option of receiving email notifications of events relating to the fantasy sport in which you are participating.
- If you sign up for a premium package, such as Fantasy Hockey Premium Package or Fantasy Football Premium Package, you are required to set up a Yahoo Wallet so that we can automatically bill your credit card for the service. Yahoo! Inc., located in Sunnyvale, CA, will receive your data in order to process payment. You will receive an email from Yahoo! Inc. confirming your order.
- We offer a feedback form that allows you to send us comments and suggestions regarding Yahoo Sports. This form asks for your name and email address. This information may be used to contact you regarding the feedback that you have provided to us, but will not be used for any marketing or commercial purpose.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Certain Yahoo Fantasy Sports games may feature promotions, such as sweepstakes or contests. In addition to any other eligibility requirements contained in the official rules of that promotion, we may require you to enter information such as your name, address, city, province, postal code, telephone number, and email address. It may also be necessary for us to share personal information in connection with the promotion. Please see the official rules of each promotion for details.
- By using Yahoo Sports and its various services, you may choose to make some of your personal information public or you may choose to share some of your personal information with others.
- If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
- When you use Yahoo Sports, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Sports Help if you have questions about this service.