Personally Relevant Experiences
- Yahoo's automated systems analyze all communications content (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising and for spam and malware detection and abuse protection. This analysis occurs on all communications content as it is sent, received, and when it is stored, including communications content from services synced with your Yahoo account. For certain use cases, Yahoo runs automated algorithms on commercial communications to create generic templates of such documents (e.g., using common language to identify the elements of an airline receipt). These templates do not include the recipient’s personal data. Yahoo template editors may review the templates to improve our services and our personalization of your experience.
- Please read our FAQ to learn more.
- Yahoo Mail may include interactive mail features from 3rd parties as well. Your personally identifiable information is not directly shared with the 3rd party without your consent.
Message Search and Access
- Yahoo Mail and Yahoo Messenger now share a common search platform. You may now elect to archive Yahoo instant messages along with Yahoo Mail messages and search them together (including Voice Mail, SMS, and more).
- Messages stored on Yahoo servers in this manner are accessible from any computer system or device able to access Yahoo Mail or the latest versions of Yahoo Messenger.
- Yahoo may analyze instant messages you elect to archive in order to provide personally relevant product features, content, and advertising, and spam and malware detection.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers, as specified by standard Internet protocol.
- When users click on the Spam and Not Spam buttons, information is sent to Yahoo's anti-spam team or other spam compliance service providers for review, and aspects of these messages may be shared with the sender to reduce spam. See our spam FAQ for more information.
- The Yahoo Mail Personal Address service provides domain registration through Internet Names Worldwide. We ask you to supply the personal information of the registrant and administrative contact such as their name, address, telephone number, and email address. This information is transmitted to Internet Names Worldwide (a division of Melbourne IT Limited), or "INWW," for the purpose of registering your web address (domain name). By registering a web address, the personal information that you indicate as registrant and administrative contact will be made publicly available by INWW as required by the Internet's governing organization, ICANN.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can modify your settings and preferences in your Yahoo Mail account by accessing "Help -> Options" or your “Account Information”.
- When you use Yahoo Mail, you are subject to the Yahoo Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo Mail Help if you have questions about this service.