Yahoo7 may set cookies for your web browser as you visit our websites, use our products or visit a website where Yahoo7 provides ads, content or analytics. A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on a computer for the purpose of identifying that browser during interaction on websites. Cookies may be used to store items such as identifiers and user preferences. A website may set a cookie to the browser if the browser's preferences allow it. A browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has set, not those set by other websites.
Yahoo7's Practices Regarding Identifiers and Cookies
- Access your information when you "sign in" so we can provide you with customised content or remember the last page you visited in a Yahoo7 product or service.
- Information that Yahoo7 collects related to your activities and interests is maintained by Yahoo7 on its servers and is associated with Yahoo7 cookies regardless of what computer or device you use to sign in to Yahoo7. You can learn more about Yahoo7’s data retention and storage practices here.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using Yahoo7 products or services.
- When you log in to your Yahoo7 account, a cookie that contains information about your interests is placed on the computer or device you are using. This allows Yahoo7 to associate your interests and activity if you log in to your Yahoo7 account on multiple devices. This means that your browsing habits on your work computer or a library computer, when logged in, can inform your experience on Yahoo7 when using your home computer when logged in.
- Deliver advertisements and content relevant to your interests.
- Yahoo7 collects and maintains information about your interests based on your websurfing activity when you are visiting the branded Yahoo7 network of websites, websites within the Yahoo7 Network, as well as other non-Yahoo7 web sites that we partner with.
- Yahoo7 may use web beacons to collect and maintain information about your websurfing activity when you are visiting the branded Yahoo7 network of websites as well as other non-Yahoo7 websites.
- Provide general internal and customer analytics.
- Yahoo7 Web Analytics is a browser-based system used to collect information about visitors to our customers’ websites.
- Maintain information in both identifiable and anonymous forms.
- When you are signed-in to your Yahoo7 account, Yahoo7 associates your observed interests and activities with your Yahoo7 account using a process that keeps your personal information and your browsing information separate.
- If you are a registered Yahoo7 user who is not signed-in, Yahoo7 stores information about your interests based on a browser cookie ID. This cookie ID is an encrypted (or “one-way secret hashed”) form of a Yahoo7 cookie that is separate from your Yahoo7 account information and also includes the age (in whole years), gender, and location provided when you created your Yahoo7 account. This cookie is not used by any party, including Yahoo7, to personally identify you.
- Conduct research to improve Yahoo7's content, products and services.
- To support security measures, such as requiring re-logging into a Yahoo7 product or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed.
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities.
Choices about Cookies
- To see and/or customise the interests assigned to your browser that we use for customised advertising and content, you can visit our Ad Interest Manager. Ad Interest Manager allows you to opt-out of one or more specific interest categories or opt-out of all interest-based ads and content that Yahoo7 serves.
- Yahoo7 offers you the ability to make your opt-out choice persistent. To use the persistent opt-out, you will need to sign-in to Yahoo7 before you exercise your opt-out choice.
- You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- The Adobe Flash Player is an application and web tool that allows rapid development of dynamic content. Flash (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser.
- Yahoo7 employs Adobe Flash cookies in compliance with Interactive Agency Bureau standards. Yahoo7 employs Adobe Flash cookies in certain situations where we use Flash to provide some content such as video clips or animation. You may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly. Yahoo7 does not use Flash cookies to serve interest-based advertising.
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use Yahoo7 products or services that require you to "sign in," and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
- You can visit the Interactive Advertising Bureau to see other companies that offer opt outs and to use other tools to manage your opt-out choices.
Other Companies' Cookies on Yahoo7
OPT-OUTPrefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.
We have detailed reference links describing our privacy practices for a wide range of Yahoo7 products and services.
Visit the Yahoo Policy Blog