Yahoo!7 Toolbar is a personalised browser toolbar that allows you to access bookmarks, links to Yahoo!7, and other features from any personal computer with the software installed and an Internet connection. In order to use Yahoo!7 Toolbar, you must download free software, but you do not need to be a registered Yahoo!7 user in order to use it. However, being a registered Yahoo!7 user and logging in will allow you to customise the Yahoo!7 Toolbar.
Information Collection and Use Practices
- Yahoo!7 tracks clicks on the Yahoo!7 Toolbar in order to improve the Toolbar. This information is not used to target advertising to users.
- With a Yahoo!7 ID you can create bookmarks that are accessible through the Toolbar and customise other Toolbar features. These settings are saved with your Yahoo!7 ID and available to you when you log into Yahoo!7. Yahoo!7 counts clicks on the Bookmarks button, but Yahoo!7 Toolbar does not track the actual bookmarked sites visited.
- When you access a Yahoo!7 page, that page may request information from you. The Toolbar does not collect or report information about your visits to any web sites unless you have given permission by enabling the Web Usage feature (see below).
- The Anti-Spy feature of Yahoo!7 Toolbar is provided in conjunction with CA. This feature can be accessed by clicking on the Anti-Spy icon. You must select this feature to run the Anti-Spy scan. This software will not run automatically.
- The Anti-Spy software will scan the content of your hard drive for known and suspected spyware and adware.
- The actions of starting, completing, and cancelling a scan is tracked by Yahoo!7 in order to measure usage of the Anti-Spy feature. Anti-Spy does not report any personally identifiable usage information to Yahoo!7 or CA. No other information is accessed on your computer other than what is necessary to do this scan when you use the Anti-Spy software.
- When enabled, Recent Searches keeps track of your last 30 Yahoo!7 searches.
- You can disable the Recent Searches feature at any time. Directions are found in Yahoo Toolbar Help.
- Some versions of Yahoo!7 Toolbar come with Yahoo!7 Search Protection. This feature will alert you if an attempt is made to change your default browser search engine from Yahoo!7.
- Some versions of Yahoo!7 Toolbar allow you to share information with Yahoo!7 about sites you visit to improve Yahoo!7 services.
- When you consent to this feature, Yahoo!7 Toolbar will transmit the following information to Yahoo!7: complete web site addresses (URLs) from all the web sites you visit, referring and redirect URLs, unique Toolbar identifier, product performance data like page load speed, and other information provided by your browser including yahoo.com.au domain cookies.
- Information collected through the web usage feature is not associated with your Yahoo!7 ID even if you are logged into Yahoo!7.
- All yahoo.com.au domain cookies are transmitted automatically to us by your browser when Web Usage is enabled. Yahoo!7 selectively records only certain yahoo.com.au cookies with Yahoo!7 Toolbar usage data and does not store cookies that contain or are associated with Yahoo!7 account IDs.
- You can disable the Web Usage feature at any time. Directions are found in the Yahoo!7 Toolbar Help area and from the Options menu in Yahoo!7 Toolbar.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- If you are a registered Yahoo!7 user, you can edit or delete your Toolbar settings.
- You can always uninstall Yahoo!7 Toolbar if you no longer wish to use it.
- When you use Yahoo!7 Toolbar, you are subject to the Yahoo!7 Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo!7 Toolbar Help if you have questions about this product.
OPT-OUTPrefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.
We have detailed reference links describing our privacy practices for a wide range of Yahoo7 products and services.
Visit the Yahoo Policy Blog