Personally Relevant Experiences
- Yahoo’s automated systems analyse all communications content (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising and for spam and malware detection and abuse protection. This analysis occurs on all communications content as it is sent, received and when it is stored, including communications content from services synced with your Yahoo account.
- Please read our FAQ to learn more.
- Yahoo!7 Mail may include interactive mail features from third parties as well. Your personally identifiable information is not directly shared with the 3rd party without your consent.
Message Search and Access
- Yahoo!7 Mail and Yahoo!7 Messenger now share a common search platform. You may now elect to archive Yahoo!7 instant messages along with Yahoo!7 Mail messages and search them together (including Voice Mail, SMS, and more).
- Messages stored on Yahoo!7 servers in this manner are accessible from any computer system or device able to access Yahoo!7 Mail or the latest versions of Yahoo!7 Messenger.
- Yahoo may analyse instant messages that you choose to archive in order to provide personally relevant product features, content and advertising, as well as spam and malware detection.
Information Sharing and Disclosure Practices
- Yahoo!7 Mail includes IP addresses in outgoing mail message headers, as specified by standard Internet protocol.
- When users click on the Spam and Not Spam buttons, information is sent to Yahoo!7's anti-spam team or other spam compliance service providers for review, and aspects of these messages may be shared with the sender to reduce spam. See our spam FAQ for more information.
- The Yahoo!7 Mail Personal Address service provides domain registration through Internet Names Worldwide. We ask you to supply the personal information of the registrant and administrative contact such as their name, address, telephone number, and email address. This information is transmitted to Internet Names Worldwide (a division of Melbourne IT Limited), or "INWW," for the purpose of registering your web address (domain name). By registering a web address, the personal information that you indicate as registrant and administrative contact will be made publicly available by INWW as required by the Internet's governing organization, ICANN.
Practices Regarding Your Ability to Update or Delete Information
- You can modify your settings and preferences in your Yahoo!7 Mail account by accessing "Help -> Options" or your “Account Information”.
- When you use Yahoo!7 Mail, you are subject to the Yahoo!7 Terms of Service.
- Please see Yahoo!7 Mail Help if you have questions about this service.
OPT-OUTPrefer not to receive advertising based on your interests? Learn about your ability to opt out of interest-matched advertising served by Yahoo.
We have detailed reference links describing our privacy practices for a wide range of Yahoo7 products and services.
Visit the Yahoo Policy Blog